Deteriorating foam in fuel tank - stalling?

Hi,

My roto-tiller keeps stalling after I start it. I looked in the fuel tank and the foam is starting to deteriorate with tiny little pieces floating around. Could these particles be clogging the fuel line? Why do I need any foam in the fuel tank anyway?

Briggs & Stratton 5 hp Sears roto-tiller.

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
sduraybito

Now don`t you pour beer in the tank and you wont have any foam.

Reply to
m Ransley

Foam in a fuel tank????

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The foam is to reduce aeration and sloshing of the fuel. I understand some race cars use it. Many years ago we used in in model airplanes with good results.

Yes, the tiny particles may clog the lines. I don't know how easily it can be removed/replaced unless there is a way to open the tank or pull it through the filler.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski