Dehumidifier specs??

Reply to
Michael B

And I'm sure most of us here are not impressed with your approach, because it has two problems:

1 - It assumes that it is fairly cold where they are located. The OP stated that is was 45 outside. Raising 45 degree air to 70 isn't going to be as effective as it you were raising 20 degree air. We also don't know what the humidity outside is. If it's 45 and damp, obviously you have a problem. 2 - But the far bigger problem is opening the door is a huge waste of energy and dollar bills are flying out the door. A dehumidifier removes the moisture and the electric energy it uses turns up as heat which helps heat the house. It's like getting a small portion of your heat from electricity, so unlike the open door approach, where you are losing heat, you are GAINING heat with a dehumidifier.
Reply to
trader4