Dead circuit, breakers all good

I did - immediately. End of problem :-)

I'm not opposed to having the circuit protected by a GFCI, but having the GFCI outside the house is just wrong. You should not take out the front room and half a bedroom when your christmas tree lights trip the GFCI. If I had a chance to do it myself, I would have put all outslide lights and outlets on their own circuit, instead of mixing them like it currently is. For $.10, I'd rewire the house myself and do it my way. Get rid of some of the spaghetti wiring, add a few more circuits, design it a bit better.

Reply to
Ook

Well, it makes me feel better than my reply contained:

"Oh, and one other thing I just though of: if you have any GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupters) in your house, check each of them. I actually found a house once where someone looking for a convenient source of power tapped off of a GFCI in a bathroom and fed it to the lights and ceiling fans in two adjacent bedrooms. It took a lot of head scratching to finally figure out than a tripped GFCI killed the power."

Sometimes you just gotta' get it right (even if you do misspell "thought".

Reply to
John McGaw

Yeah, I actually went back and found your original message yesterday, talking about the GFCI. I found it rather humurous that what you described a week ago is *exactly* what I found.

Reply to
Ook