Cutting Coaxial Cable

I hear what you're saying. But what if you have a perfect picture already with the screw ons? hmmmmmm

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

That only means you have a signal sufficiently strong, it can still be leaking like a sieve. While it's the cable company that can get fined for the leakage, you should be concerned as well since this leakage can interfere with over the air signals like police / fire / air traffic radio. Also realize that you'll only see the signal degradation on analog video channels, the digital channels will mask this.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Leave them, and hope you remember 6 months from now when the picture turns crappy.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Sure, then call the cable company and they will come out and replace everything. They won't leave extra patch cords or come out when you buy a new DVR though. Funny guys.

Reply to
krw

replying to Mark Lloyd, DidGeorgeSayThat wrote:

DidGeorgeSayThat

I should have known, since it was an actual home repair question and not a political rant, therefore it was ten years old and from home moaners hub.

Reply to
makolber

If you have cabel phone service, make you you don't get 'tip' and 'ring' wires reversed.

Reply to
0ren