Condensation cause?

My wife and I bought a 50's vintage home with single pane double-hung windows. In general, it is very well-built. However, we occasionally get moisture/condensation on the inside of two of the windows, in two different rooms on the east side of the house. None of the other windows seem affected. It happens mostly on more humid days, but sometimes on less humid days as well.

So...What causes this condensation? What can be done about it? Appreciate advice.

NOTE: The occurrences were on moderate temperature days in which neither the A/C or heat were even on.

Reply to
Airkings

Cndenation happens whe moisture laden air hits a temperature below the dew point of the air. The glass panes are affected by temperature of the outdoors, sun, and the indor heat or cooling. The rooms are affected by excess moisture frm the bathroom, post biling in the kitchen, et.

You cannot chane the laws of physcs, but you can outsmart them. Double pane widows, storm windows, dehumidfiers will help. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

"Look at the big brain on Ed!!!!"

;-]

Reply to
Red Neckerson

CORRECTOMONDO!!!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Reply to
Phisherman

It depends upon how well your storm windows seal (if you have storm windows or combo storm/screens). I have a home circa 1910 with double hung wood windows with no seals at all, but fortunately storm/screens. So in fall/early winter I may get condensation on inside of storm windows. But as it gets colder the air becomes drier inside, so it is not an issue (or is frost instead of moisture).

Reply to
David Efflandt