Coax vs flat twin?

Flat lead IS cable, just not COAXIAL cable (which has one conductor surrounding the other).

[snip]
Reply to
Sam E

I didn't know about that.

But all of those gaps were apparent on the first tv I mentioned. They sort of had to be if they were going to mark where the stations were, so you could find them quicker.

There were groups of 3 stations, or two stations. Nothing bigger than

3 or 4. IIRC, there is a gap between 9 and 10, or 8 and 9. When the TV finally wasn't worth repairing, we still had the absolutely beautiful wood cabinet, with door with great grain, so I was going to make a cabinet out of it. It was also glued together really well, so getting the front wood trim out was very hard. I might have even left it in. There were extra pieces of wood glued on the side and top, and I don't know what I would do know that I know more about how strongly it was made. I thoought I could just pry the pieces off, and some small ones did come off. I'm not sure if there are power tools now that would help or not.

And the channel indicator plate, that was behind the thing that looked like the hour hand on a clock, I probably saved, but my mother probably through it away when she moved.

There was once a channel 1, but reception was bad, and I don't think they made any consumer tv's with channel 1. I never saw a tv that could get it.

Reply to
mm

The channel 1 I mentioned came later, and was unrelated to that. When I lived in Fort Worth, and got cable, that system had a channel 1 (that WAS used).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd