Clogged toilet problem

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and at times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of maybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occupant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged. My nephew who was there at the time suggested not to use double ply tissues. I said that cannot be the problem, cause if it was, then how many toilets would be getting clogged continously and the tissue company would be out of business, if its product is the cause of clogged toilets. Now, I have to call another plumber, but how long does the guy have to hang around to make sure its definitely unclogged? I did call the first guy back and he said it would be another charge, no such thing as a follow up. BTW, anyone knows the charge for unclogging? I realize different areas, different charges.

Reply to
Joe

You may have a problem far down the line. Today they use a camera to find the problems. I paid about $300 for the guy that did mine. He showed my the problem in the pipe itself.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Could it be a partial blockage, I dunno, 50 feet down the line? That way it kind of clears as the water slowly drains past it, but if you use the toilet a couple of times and it backs up, then yeah, it'll come all the way back to the toilet.

Reply to
danny burstein

Yes, pretty much what I had. Over time it had some buildup at a pipe joint that shifted and of course it grew. Maybe a stool softener will buy more time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I agree, the camera is the way to go. Back in the 90's I had a clog issue and the camera showed tree roots had grown into the sewer pipe, almost completely clogging it. I wasn't so happy but the tree was doing exceptionally well.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

It could be the septic tank is full of solids and needs to be pumped out. Had that problem with mine at a house years ago.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:41:38 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein posted for all of us to digest...

Same here, used a camera, pipe broke at house foundation.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Thu, 20 May 2021 14:33:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Suppository?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Well after the first attempt, it drained as it should, so that would imply that there was no problem down the line, i would think. BTW, there is no septic tank involved. This is a 2 story townhouse in the city.

Reply to
Joe