Cleaning out a water heater

All of those will work. No science involved. I'd open the drain and inject water until this no longer produced sediment. Then its time to do the slosh.

Reply to
C & M

Priced doing that lately? :-(

Reply to
Savvy 1

What's the best way to clean out an already detached gas water heater? Should I shove a hose into the cold water inlet & let it wash out the drain? Or should I remove the anode and clean it from there? And/or should I fill it about 10% with water and slosh it around with a few strong guys helping out? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Most folks just pitch em out, and replace.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why do you want to heat hot water?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Ya know; that is dumb enough when someone refers to a hot water heater; but when they don't it is inexplicable.

Reply to
Toller

About $200 for mine. Tall 30. I pitched it out one 26 degree day with blowing wind. My trailer has a water heater cabinet that opens out, and I was working in about 16 inches of snow. I used my snow blower to cut a path to the water heater. when I got the old one out, I snow blew some snow over the old carcass, so I wouldn't have to deal with it till spring.

That was a hell of a day.

I can get a tall 40 for about $150.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Gas?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yeah, he should have asked "what is gas water"?.

Reply to
G Hensley