Choosing a furnace

anyone have a link for web reviews of furnaces?

Reply to
hallerb

Oh yeah.... I remember now, thats the guy that isn't actually even qualified on anything sharper than a crayon or anything with moving parts.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Ummm....Don, Pat *is* the real deal.....masters license and all.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Noon-Air

Probably has a cape and leotards too.

Reply to
Al Moran

Have you ever taken any of their tests? I have. Anyone straight out of a good tech school, with no field experience whatsoever can pass them. I know because I did.

Reply to
Al Moran

Fuck off moron.

Reply to
Al Moran

Bubba boy, I've forgotten more about computers than I think you'll ever know about anything. That may sound like bragging, but put it in the perspective that based on your posting history, you simply aren't all that bright and the bar isn't that high.

If dissecting your cute little brain and alerting your 2 knuckle dragging friends in alt.hvac (where you think you are special) to what a douchebag you are qualifies as a brain surgery and solving world problems, well, then yes.

Bubby I'm curious of your education level. Are you one of the subset of folks without a degree who feels like he's gotta overcompensate by flinging poo at anyone who earned one? Or were you abused by someone with an engineering degree as a child? Or is this really all about your small penis and that your mother never breastfed you because she "only liked you as a friend?"

To be clear, there are some outright idiots running around with degrees who should go back to their alma maters and demand their money back for how little common sense they have. There are also folks with engineering degrees who think the sun rises and sets in their ass and they won't listen to the sharp technicians who can help them design better.

I also feel there are scores of folks without college degrees that are highly intelligent extremely productive and vital members of the workforce. But, Bubbster, all evidence seems to indicate that you ain't one of em.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Todd, I also am an EE, and while I haven't spent very much time in this group, I'll give you my take on what's happening here. Engineers are overly analytical, and technicians sometimes take this as meaning we believe we know everything. Also, since this is an HVAC group, I'll venture to say it's full of blue-collar technicians.

I'll close with one of my favorite proverbs: The more you know, the more you find you DON'T know. So ignorant people think they know everything.

Reply to
acctforjunk

Agreed.

Absolutely.

And the most irritating folks are those who don't know everything, yet who can't admit it.

And that's why I like picking on Bubba and Pauly. They both seem to have a history of being less than helpful on questions they pretend they know everything about...but don't. Imagine if they did! The signal to noise ratio in alt.hvac would be a bit higher. :-)

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

NOTE: Todd is turning on the "Condescending, Suck-Ass, "I want you to like me" mode now.

TODD TURNS OFF THE "Condescending, Suck-Ass, "I want you to like me" mode now.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Yes

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

He makes perfect sense. What part didn't you get?? He gave credit where credit is due. In other words, there are dumb people and there are smart people of all types.

Which type are you?

Reply to
acctforjunk

There are also very smart engineers who really know their shit, and there are technicians who can't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight.

So f****ng what?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Me thinks someone forgot that I told them to, "Have a nice life". Looks like you're not having it yet. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Oh, don't worry Bubba, I am! But thank you for your concern.

This relaxes me. :-)

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Sorry for the missunderstanding. What I was trying to say didnt reflect buying a system like you would buy a car but evaluating the function ie efficiency of the system using the analogy of fuel milage. For example if you get a unit that is bigger than you actually need and it short cycles (like city driving) you will get less efficiency per gallon (less miles per gallon) then getting a unit that meets the heat load specs so when it runs, it runs longer (like highway milage) and is more efficient. This does not mean just adequate performance what it does mean is the unit should not be oversized or your going to be wasting yuor money on the unit and wasting you money on fuel.

Hope that helps John

and

http://www.HomeHeat> jbogs wrote:

Reply to