Charging Battery On Garden Tractor

I'm lucky, it came all the way up and started the tractor. Then I put it back on charge to top it off. Tapered of to half an amp trickle.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Nice try.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The point I was trying to make is that your answer "Yes you should always disconnect it while trying to start" and Heybub's answer Leave it connected. The extra boost it provides may enable you to start your machine before the battery is fully charged" were diametrically opposed. However, in this case either answer was acceptable.

As far as RTFM I fully agree and have recommended that solution to many questions here. If that was the first thing subscribers here did the number of posts would probably reduce by 75% or more.

Have a good day.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway wrote: (snip)

RTFM only works if you HAVE the Fine Manual. For us 2nd or 3rd or Nth owners of equipment, that is seldom the case. Not all manufacturers are real good about putting them on their web sites, especially for older stuff.

Reply to
aemeijers

Why would anyone want to read the furnished manual?

I sense the OP battery is damaged beyond repair, and he's wasting time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, you are fortunate. Lets hope you get several more years of service.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And, that should be better quality than my $10 HF plug into the wall float over-charger.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The answer to all of those is GI, backpack style flame thrower. Don't try to use last year's napalm from the gascan in the garage. Mix new, each spring.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sometimes I've wondered about modifying my lawn tractor to attach a snow blower - it's easy to pull the whole mower deck off, leaving a spare shaft pulley on the engine that I could tap power from. The tires won't have enough grip as they are to work in snow, but I bet I could rig up some chains...

It's one of those backyard projects that's waiting for some inspiration and a few useful parts to land in my lap :-)

I really hate small equipment batteries. I've given up on one for the tractor - I just keep a truck battery in the shed and jump it from that. It's only ever a pain in the butt if I stall it or let it run out of gas, as then I have to go get the battery (or push the darn thing back to the shed).

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

You live in a heavily Demonicratic area. They haven't bothered us once. ...not so much as junk mail.

Reply to
keith

Uh, you're right. If they ever do contact me, I'm gonna tell them that no one lives here and I'm merely a burglar.

Reply to
HeyBub

Trolling for marines?

Reply to