Chainsaw Conversion

My stihl and Husky 2 cycles I start and run very well. 2 to 3 pulls from cold. Had them both at least 6 years. I run the gas out of them prior to storage and do the normal maintenance to them. Use fresh gas and good 2 cycle oil and they will probably run for 20 years.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Had an Uncle that was a timber feller (lumberjack?) for the Railways here (.au). He would cut and saw bridge timbers. Had a whole shed full of 'broken' saws - all paid for by the g'ment. Basically he just dropped them where they stopped,, I'd say.

He never cleaned a plug, ran a rope or washed a filter. Just sharpened the saw.

Maybe his solution is your solution? Thing is,, you'll need a g'ment job to pay for the luxury? Then again like Unc,, you will have peace of mind and 'working' tools.

Buy a manual,, read it and practice the paragraphs. Thats the best advice you will get.

cheers

BTZ

Reply to
bitzah

Strange approach very wasteful too. My Pioneer, model no longer in production, used by an amateur, me, must be

20+ years old and apart from the odd plug and one new pull rope seems to be surviving well. Oh yes; right now the muffler is loose and I'll take few minutes to fix that before I start cutting firewood this fall. Personally I'm not very adept at sharpening the chain and occasionally also have touched a nail etc. in used lumber. So I've probably bought a few chain replacements more than a professional.
Reply to
Terry

snip

Agreed, I did not heed the example. My (second) HomeLITE Super2XL is coming up to 15years old. Yep, I have had a new crank in it, numerous ropes and 1 rope carrier, forget how many plugs and the fuel cap has been 'homegrown' for some years. Buuut every time I aim it at a task, job done. Weighs nothing and has the grunt of a saw twice its cc build.

My first HL was stolen out of the truck. A thief of quality?

cheers

BTZ

Reply to
bitzah