Ceramic tile: laying sequence?

Been a while since I've done this and I've forgotten this bit: Tiling a shower stall, 2" ceramic tiles (12 x 12 bonded sheets) over cement board and custom morter pan.

What's the sequence? Floor first, then walls, or walls first?

If floor first, how to protect it while doing the walls? Don't want to scratch the new tile with my size 12s or let thinset fall into the grout channels.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

walls first, for that reason.