ceiling fan lubrication?

This is Turtle.

Most fan can be oiled plain motor oil and no penitrating oil , if you can figure it out but Do start pricing new ones in the near future.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Our ceiling fan in the den, after approx. 10 years of good service, has suddenly began emitting annoying squeaks and rattles. I looked inside the "cowling" and found nothing loose, but the motor was hot as blazes and I nearly burned myself on it. The blades are all securely tightened on. The motor appears to be entirely enclosed. Is there a way to oil it, or should I start shopping around for a new one?

GTTyson

Reply to
G.T. Tyson

The 'enclosure' is easy to remove and you can replace the bearings for about $12.00.

I have done this to fans I have found in the trash, so I now have silent fans for virtually no cost.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

Reply to
limeylew