Cat Pee in the Heating Duct!

Years ago we bought a house where the former owner's cat peed against the baseboard. It ran down through the floor into the basement. I removed the drywall ceiling in that area and coated the ducts and joists with KILZ, which solved the problem.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean

replying to Oscar_Lives, WhatIsWrongWithYou wrote: You ought to be ashamed of yourself. What is wrong with you?!

Reply to
WhatIsWrongWithYou

replying to Noozer, Melissa wrote: Hi, The following is spoken to the situation, Ammonia is not advisable to use to remove cat urine, that is essentially what cat urine is, ammonia. Using Ammonia to clean cat urine will only complicate the matter and invite the cat to urinate in the spot repeatedly. Vinegar and water, with a little dish soap and baking soda in a bucket is what I have found to work the best. I hope that this helps. Sincerely Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

replying to Oscar_Lives, J wrote: Antifreeze will kill a cat.

replying to bellmyb, Karen Macaulay wrote: Did you do it yourself-Was it expensive? Thank you!!

Reply to
Karen Macaulay

replying to Oscar_Lives, c wrote: How awful

Wait, WHAT?? Cat piss where?

Automatic Thread Of The Year!

Reply to
thekmanrocks

When you do something bad, I hope you get sentenced to a slow death from kidney failure. Please never have pets.

Reply to
Charlie