Carpet Squares

Is there such as thing as residential grade carpet squares appropriate for a living room or den. All I can find is only suitable for basements, laundry rooms, etc.

Thanks

Reply to
takeone

You can take any carpet you want and have the edges bound. A carpet store can have that done for you. they will make up any size you want.

Reply to
PAUL100

It's called carpet tile:

etc.

John

Reply to
John

John,

The above links were very helpful. I'm about to put my house on the market and I need to make the place presentable quickly and I would prefer to not deal with installers if possible.

Take One

Reply to
takeone

Remember presentable to you might be a horror show to the prospective buyer. When I look at a house it is with two thoughts in mind.

  1. How sound is the structure.
  2. What might they be trying to hide.

I would rather know that a floor needs replacement, than to have to rip up a cheap cover up and then find a floor needing replacement.

I was contemplating putting down a floor once when the person who ultimately bought the house, told me don't bother, because they planned on redoing all the floors in the house, saving me the cost and the effort of doing so.

Honesty and integrity has sold more houses for me than smoke and mirrors.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

Check out Home Depot. They have a "carpet tile" product that when installed looks exactly like a wall-to-wall installed carpet.

Reply to
L Beck

I was looking into this just recently. I not sure how to finish off the floor of my basement and am leaning towards carpet but want to save a little and install it myself. Found several links with a google search, "carpet tiles"

look at the links on the right side, in particular

http://carpetbarga> Is there such as thing as residential grade carpet squares appropriate for a

Reply to
andy everett

For what its worth, I bought 60 yards from

was very satisfied with both the product and service. My salesman was Larry.

Brent

Reply to
Brent Barkow

DB> > Is there such as thing as residential grade carpet squares DB> Remember presentable to you might be a horror show to the prospective buyer

DB> When I look at a house it is with two thoughts in mind. DB> DB> 1. How sound is the structure. DB> 2. What might they be trying to hide. DB> DB> I would rather know that a floor needs replacement, than to have to rip up

DB> cheap cover up and then find a floor needing replacement. DB> DB> I was contemplating putting down a floor once when the person who ultimatel

DB> bought the house, told me don't bother, because they planned on redoing all DB> the floors in the house, saving me the cost and the effort of doing so.

Reminds me of when my neighbour moved. House exterior could use painting -- wasn't bad, just wasn't good. Barb was going to have the house painted to improve the looks but didn't really want the expense of the paint and paying someone to paint. I suggested verbally knocking $1,000 off the posted asking price so the new owners would have this 'extra' money to pay for paint colour they wanted. Got new neighbours shortly.

  • Not a reply. I'm practicing for a touch typing course!
Reply to
barry martin