Better Flashlights

Are you dissing my house?

CY: yes! Cut back on the chickens, please.

That's an interesting light!

CY: Lot of fun.

Perfect. Need at least one.

CY: Walmart, in the electrical section.

Yeah -- got one, but never use it.

CY: Maybe some day.

Now you're dissing my neighborhood!

CY: Nah-noo, Nah-noo. (If you don't get that, google search Robin Williams, in Mork and Mindy.)

Thanks for your input, Christopher Jm

CY: Y'welcome.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah, my friends' "tactical" flashlights were well over $100, and they use relatively expensive CR-123 batteries. Customary issue for police dept though. I think part of the cost is for more reliable switches, better contacts, etc. That's important in that case.

For regular use, the ones on that site are fine. And under $20 with shipping included. Some of the laser hotrodders buy those just to get the case.

The Cree LEDs are surprisingly bright. I researched that a bit before ending up with the Q5, but they may have newer brighter ones now.

Reply to
Rob

I may look into this flashlight.

"Streetwise Rechargeable 1 Million Volts Mini Stun Baton 10""

Product Features

  • Item #: SWMB-1000R * 1 Million Volts * Rechargeable * 4 LED Flashlight * 10" Long * 9 oz * Safety Button * Manufacturer Limited Lifetime Warranty * .00 Holster with belt loop included for FREE!

Short video:

Oren

Now how do I get off that page???

Reply to
E Z Peaces

Please post a URL if you find it on the net.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For cheap light to use occasionally and briefly. Ebay has Xenon lights. Light is about $15 postpaid. They take the camera batteries, expensive. But once in a while to find a house number at night, they are excellent.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do what I do.... go drive to Walmart, and stand in the flashlight aisle.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Currently being reviewed by The Guinness Book of World Records, The Torch is the world's brightest and most powerful flashlight. This flashlight is easily capable of melting plastic, lighting paper on fire within seconds, and if you want, frying an egg or a marshmallow on a stick! At 4100 lumens, The Torch is 100 lumens more powerful than The Polarion Helios, the former most powerful flashlight. Looking to buy a bright flashlight? This flashlight torch will not disappoint you.

So how did we make such a powerful, bright flashlight? The Torch uses an incredible halogen light bulb rated at 100 Watts and runs on a custom built high voltage rechargeable battery. To keep the front lens from shattering due to the immense heat generated, The Torch flashlight is equipped with a specialized heat resistant glass lens and is encased in a durable, military grade aluminum case. Check out The Torch flashlight in action below.

Thomas

I consider 4100 lumens to be an incredibly tall claim for a 100 watt halogen bulb, even one that is run very aggressively.

The highest luminous efficacy I have heard of so far for tungsten incandescent lamps is 35 lumens/watt. One that gets close to this is the EHJ halogen lamp, a 24 volt 250 watt one. That one achieves 32 lumens/watt. Even with its very thick filament, it is only rated to last 40 hours.

I have heard various figures in the 32 to 35 lumen/watt range for the #2 and #4 photoflood lamps, 500 and 1000 watts respectively, and rated to last 6 and 10 hours respectively.

So, maybe a 100 watt halogen lamp with short life expectancy would produce 3500 lumens, minus losses in the flashlight's optics.

Don Klipstein

Just a bunch of laser pointers. No torch that I can find.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"The Torch" flashlight scrambled an egg in a tuna can (video).

Problems - they cost $300 dollars and the battery ONLY last 15 minutes.

Check it out :-/

Reply to
Oren

Look on the left under the heading "Flashlight".

Reply to
Thomas

Couldn't post

that be too obvious?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry. I copied and pasted the text, then typed in the URL. My PC is falling apart and it would have taken 3 days longer to go back and forth.

So...What do you think about the light?

Reply to
Thomas

I think it's fun to watch once or twice. Aside from night time search and rescues, I can't think of much use. Blinding attackers, during a night mugging?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think you being a flashlight type of guy would have it for the wow effect. Every time you would shine it at someone they would exclaim "Jesus!".

Reply to
Thomas