Battery Charger (Which lead is the POS)?

You're very welcome. I recall that as a kid I once used a large 1.5- volt dry cell and a pair of carbon electrodes (from 2 old dead flashlight batteries) and electrolyzed some salt water. I could definitely detect the faint odor of chlorine at the anode The water around the negative cathode also becomes alkaline from the production of hydroxyl ions. This is observable by seeing litmus paper turn blue. If I can be of any further help with chemistry in the future, please feel free to get in touch. Can't guarantee anything, but I'll sure try (l'm a retired chemistry professor at KSU). ; - ) JimCo

Reply to
JimCo

One thing that definitely coes to mind in this discussion is this is a bare-bones cheap-ass charger if it will start without being connected to a battery. It has no reverse polarity protection, and as such is either very old or very cheap or both.

As such I WOULD be opening the case and checking the over-all condition / construction of the unit before using it - even if I had a meter to check the polarity (which I DO have)

Reply to
clare

Breaking Bad eh? ^_^

TDD