Basement drainage

I am thinking of putting french drains in my new home basement. Typically it involves cutting a 12" deep by 12" wide trench around the inside of the basement floor. This involves silicosis risk and way too much dust because of a concrete saw, but I notice there exist some new not very expensive concrete saws (under $250) that both pump water and suck dust. Still, I think it wise to at least cut the trench before I move in. I also saw some indoor tubing essentially made like HVAC duct or gutter that is essentially a gutter going around the inside wall (even without a trench) and I wonder how the suction would work. If that worked, why not just take one of those hoses with many small holes used to water the lawn and just suck up water that way. Gosh, if that worked, I wish I thought of it fifty years ago (using apump attached to a power drill). The old fashoined trench sposta cost $50-100/linear foot of perimeter.

Reply to
vjp2.at

Why do you want to do this? Unless there is a history of water incursion onto the basement floor, I wouldn't be creating a big project to fix problems that don't exist. Typically that kind of drain is done at time of construction and is only a few inches wide. If you're going to do it, renting a good concrete saw is what I would do.

Reply to
trader_4