baseboards bled, but still no heat.

expansion tank is bad.

Tell me about this expansion tank thing. Am I ever supposed to empty it? It has a fitting on it for a garden hose.

Reply to
Kathy

alt.hvac added (help us out here pros!)

Hey you guys, that was a lady asking, tell us some more!

I've already read quite a bit of misinformation in this thread, as I'm having the same problem with my Grundfos 15-42 F.

It's darn cold, and I don't know if the pipes are froze, or if there is a blockage, or and air lock, or the pump is just gone. There is no vent hole, I've got no backup valves, the flow control valves won't turn manually, some kind of ancient TACO crap, frozen solid.

The upstairs zone is going like gangbusters with the big B&G pump, but the downstairs Grundfos zone just quit, no flow, no hot pipes past the flow control valve, registers dead cold. The pump is running and I went out and got a little bleeder key, but where the hell do I start? I want to do it right.

If I have to take the pump out, I'll have to drain the system, so I may as well put in an air scoop, backup valves etc, but maybe it could be something simple, like that air tank.

Questions.

If one zone is working, do I forget the air tank?

How often do those old check valves freeze up? I notice there is a plug on the bottom, can I just remove that and clear it of any crap in there?

Help us out pros!

lifeform1

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair, alt.hvac

From: .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com - F> Keep this shit in alt.home.repair

Hey MF, are you having problems with the meaning of alt.hvac, or just the pronounciation' of alt.hvac, or perhaps the spelling of alt.hvac?

Or maybe you don't know how to use a filter file because you are just butt f****ng dumb.

Let me guess, you're an american, no?

Reply to
lifeform1

The expansion tank allows for just that, as the water is heated it expands and needs somether to go so it expands into that tank. Notice the drain is at the bottom.

Reply to
spudnuty