Barbecue Grill burner replacements

ordinary ceramics don't like to go through quartz inversion temp very quickly (either up or down). i'd bet they'd self-destruct pretty quickly.

Reply to
chaniarts

"chaniarts" fired this volley in news:hotujg$u09$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I've got some ceramic support rods for heat-treating that pay no never mind to cycling a thousand degrees in one or two minutes. They were once "honing rods" I re-purposed.

I really don't know what's in them, but they can go from cold to bright cherry red in seconds, and never even breathe hard.

They don't look "glazed", per se, but they're polished, and most likely not very porous.

Just from knowing about milling media, I'm betting they're high-alumina ceramics.

LLoyd

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh