Ariens Sno-Thro Adjustable Height Handles ?

I Have a ST24LE, purchased new Dec. 2012, after I sold my uncle's 1974 Sno-Thro, really solid built machine, with available add on equipment in those days (also low handles). My new one is a great machine, but I am 6' 0" tall, 215 lbs. and I find the same issue. I feel like I am bending over all the time while I follow my Ariens through the snow. This is a strain on both my back and my shoulders. I realize the cables would be too short and the chute control (very nice now) might not work, but I would hope the company would consider this in future models, and retro fit the most current models. The height adjustment would probably only need 2 to 4 inches (probably more for the 6' 6" basket ball players out there). Anyone from Ariens out there?

Also, am I the only one out there experiencing glare (back light) from the top mounted "headlight?" I devised my own "Light Deflector" so I can move the snow without the light in my eyes.

Reply to
Joe Turbo

What they could do easily is add upper mounting holes for the handles on the body of the machine. Or elongate the lower hole so it could pivot higher and then tighten both mounting bolts.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Take the handles off and get a pipe bender to bend the handles up - you will be closer to the blower, reducing leverage for turning the machine, but that's OK, since you are a "big boy" anyway.

Reply to
clare