AprilAire Humidistat

Indeed. Td = Ta/(1-Taln(R)/9621), approximately, with the Ts in degrees Rankine and R = RH/100. For instance, 70 F (460+70=530 R) air at 50% RH has dew point Td = 530/(1-532ln(0.5)/9621) = 510.5 R, ie 50.5 F.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

You are correct,that my keyboard sticks and that I don't take time to spell check and check my grammar. Although your response included some errors....smile I say again, put down into words the " laws " of physics that you are accusing me of mis-stating. anyone can simply say you are wrong. And read the context of my words....where did I say there was not a relationship of any two laws, ie., dew point and relative humidity? If you were as good at reading comprehension as you are at spell checking, you would have heard I pointed out that r/h is not a " function " of dew point. If you are so knowledgable why not put down the truth as you see it that am wrong about instead of words with nothing but a personal statement to back them up, or are you that guy that backs things up with " I said so " statements. And last but not least......CAN YOU READ.....I stated that this is a conversation between myself and another service tech that I admire for his knowledge and quest for knowledge in our respective trade. P.S. Not planning on Cal-Tech, but dare you to put me in the lower percentile of any hvac tech you have met or had dealings with. Ask the next one to your house about the laws of physics that are the base of his/her trade, I think you will be shocked at the lack of basics they posses

Reply to
Alice Beach

I didn't say you were wrong exactly, just not precise nor clear...your description leaves much to be inferred that could be easily misinterpreted.

I doubt seriously I'd be shocked at all at the lack of basic knowledge of almost any segment of the general population, unfortunately. Given the level of comprehension of some of the engineering graduates I interviewed is enough to disabuse one of the thought that graduates of any institution are deserving... :(

I'm only pointing out that if you have any hope of convincing anyone you really do know something, you'll have a lot more success if your postings reflect at least a of education/care...if you know spelling is a challenge, for example, taking a little extra care would seem only prudent.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I was replying to Tekki's post reprinted below:

Stumped Moron posted for all of us....

supposed to

I guess i will leave this alone because nobody can get hurt or killed by taking his advice; however wrong it may be...

Reply to
trader4

posted for all of us....

Hey trader top poster it's Tekkie. Anyway if you knew Stumped Morons legacy of hacked, dangerous, illegal and unknowledgeable advice you would know what I am posting about rather than going off half cocked.

I don't know if the question has been answered but it's Ohms law used in figuring wire sizes, voltage drop, etc.

Reply to
Tekkie

Hi Tony, hope you are having a nice day

On 16-Dec-04 At About 01:03:01, Tony Hwang wrote to All Subject: Re: AprilAire Humidistat

TH> From: Tony Hwang

TH> Hi, If the 'stat is mounted on the cold air return duct, I don't TH> think it's measuring humidity of your living space, like your living TH> room or hallway. Wouldn't it be common sense? Actually RH is TH> function of DEW point which relates to temperature and moisture in TH> the air. We are not measuring absolute humidity, we're measuring TH> RH in this case. Tony

Actually it is measuring space humidity. where do you think the return air comes from?

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Bullshit. Read the manual again.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

And exactly what are you adding in the way of useful information, or even any info at all? Any imbecile can take up posting space saying "BS", it's only a little harder to come up with some facts, so what exactly is your point? BTW, I don't have to read the manual again, I installed one 5 years ago, it's just as I described and it's working perfectly.

Reply to
trader4

True April air has a model with outdoor sensor for temp and the control is mounted on the return, it tracks temp to constantly adjust humidity to outdoor temp. I have one also

Reply to
m Ransley

You wouldnt have a clue how it actually works webtv boy. Shut your pie hole and speak on something you actually know about you little cum guzzling wet nurse. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hi Alice, hope you are having a nice day

On 17-Dec-04 At About 02:05:07, Alice Beach wrote to All Subject: Re: AprilAire Humidistat

AB> From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Alice Beach)

AB> I stated that this is a conversation between myself AB> and another service tech that I admire for his knowledge and quest AB> for knowledge in our respective trade.

Tony hwang is not a tech and doesn't really display too much "Knowledge" of the trade.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2