Anyone with experience w/high-end cooktops?

Got a client who has a high-end gas range (Viking) that has one weak burner. I looked at it, hoping I'd be able to remove and clean the offending piece, but I can't even figure out how to get inside of this beast.
The burners are below the top plate; all that's above the plate is a threaded ring with spanner slots and the cast-iron burner top with the holes in it (well, plus the electronic igniter). There are no visible screws or other fasteners holding the top plate down, except for on the right side where the controls are. The whole thing is incredibly shallow; there are drawers directly below the cooktop.
Any help getting inside of this unit would be appreciated. I'm assuming the problem is most likely a clogged jet or something simple. I'm trying to save the client a potentially expensive service call from an appliance place, though it may come to that ultimately.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute
conversation with the average voter.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.