Anyone use a snow roof rake?

My dining room cantilevers out the 24"s that is the overhang for the rest of the house which means the dining room has a no overhang. I've learned from experience that an ice dam directly over a wall is a much bigger problem than one at the end of an overhang. That's why I need to rake at least 3-4 ' of my dining room roof.

Reply to
tom

Yup.

Probably. Especially if they are steep and slippery (e.g. metal). Then the snow slides off. Of course, that can get quite entertaining. :)

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

This is the kind of roof rake I have. It works well and the rollers are important to keep from damaging your shingles. Valleys are a little tricky but . . .

Ermalina_Marie