Anyone own ALUMINUM scaffold?

I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury

Yet I need some scaffolding for around house

Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how they like it?

Reply to
me

I've seen the aluminum pump jack systems and they are pretty good...All the contractors around here use them....Never seen aluminum pipe staging ..HTH....

Reply to
benick

Most any scaffolding to me means heavy metal being put in place by major effort that would ruin a back far easier than moving a ladder. Moving scaffolding in place is probably just the type of bending and stress that will pop a disk open. If your back is that bad you shouldnt even be doing ladder work with heavy things in your hands.

Reply to
ransley

I've used aluminum scaffolds. Problem is, they are not really as light as you would think. Obviously there are other advantages, such as no rust. The disavantages are they are oddballs, and they are still bulky (big tubes for strength, big fittings, etc.)

Steel scaffold knocks down for ease of set-up and transport. But either type will still fry an already bad back, IMO. If you ask me, OSHA rated planks are the same scenario.

HTH, Lefty

Reply to
Lefty

Yes, all the AL scaffolds I've worked with have been bulky and annoying.

The Werner 4'w x 6'h light duty frame scaffolding isn't terribly heavy, perhaps 30# for an end frame. I own some of this for use around the house, along with the 7' Alumaplanks. If you don't need to setup more than one level high there isn't much of any heavy lifting involved. Of course if you only need one level, you may be better off with a stepladder.

Reply to
Pete C.