Any ideas for a cheap but ok looking curtain protection from rain?

Rain always comes from the northwest. Back door faces due northwest. There's an overhang. But you still get soaked just standing under the open door.

Maybe there is a "curtain" that can be put up cheaply?

There's an overhang of about five feet about ten feet high. Steps make it maybe even taller than that though.

Maybe a curtain of beads on ten-foot long strings?

Something that can be parted by a person. And opened when it's not raining.

Plastic would work but it needs to be weighted. And it's too crummy looking.

Any ideas for a cheap but ok looking protection from rain?

Reply to
Bugsy

Would it work to go inside and close the door?

Umbrella.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

A lot of ideas here for you to ponder:

invalid unparseable

The cheapest way I can think of is to buy two or three panels of this trellis and figure out some way to hang them from the outside of your overhang. The easiest way to hang them is to put some nails on the outside of the overhang so that you can easily hang and remove the trellis panels.

The artificial leaves in the trellis will give you privacy and block most of the sun and rain.

invalid unparseable

Kind of what I'm thinking. There is an overhang of 5 ft that's 10 ft up, that should give some decent protection from vertical rain. If it's wind driven, not so much, but then that brings up the issue of wind. Wind and curtain doesn't sound like a good mix. I would think a bigger issue is if there is a gutter on the overhang. If not you're going to get poured on as you pass the edge. That also could contribute to water at the door if the wind is blowing at the door, driving the waterfall from the overhang in. I don't see a practical solution.

Reply to
trader_4