aluminum wireing question

I have an outlet that I want to pickup another outlet off of ,but the feed to the outlet is 12/aluminum ,then they have off the outlet 12/copper to the next outlet.I want to add another12/copper to this box ,which is plenty big enough changed that all ready.to add an out let . but that aluminum wire is confussing me, would normaly just put the feed and 2 load wires together with a wire nut and use a pigtail to feed outlet in box. but becouse it has that aluninum feed wire how should I connect these ,could I just put an antioxide grease on the alum. when I connect them? rite now the alum. is just to one screw on the outlet and the copper on the other screw. thanks for your advise.

Reply to
gg

Hi, There is such thing as AL/CU compatible components.

12Ga Al wire is equal to 14Ga Cu. My last house had all Al wire. Never had trouble for 20 years but > I have an outlet that I want to pickup another outlet off of ,but the feed
Reply to
Tony Hwang

And was it not that one problem with 'Al' (aluminum/aluminium) house wiring was that even if the wires were originally put on 'dead tight' the different rate of expansion could, and did, result in some loose wiring that caused a greater chance of electrical fires. I'm thinking around 1970s?

Reply to
Terry

There is a specific product that you coat the wires with but I can't remember the name, something like 'petrox'?

Reply to
Martik