Aluminum threshold on cement floor

Yep, them goombas are every where. Sounds like great wisdom. I'm glad you cheated the grim reaper (for now) and still around to share your wisdom. How does Saint Peter secure the threshold for the Pearly Gates?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't know about the cold temperature part, but I have used Loctite PowerGrab to glue down thresholds to concrete and it worked well.

I have also used Tapcons a couple of times to try to attach things to concrete, not including thresholds, but including securing interior 2x4 walls to a concrete floor with pre-drilled holes in the concrete. One thing that I found was that if I got a little too hasty using a screw gun to put them in, they "over-drilled"(?) and the Tapcons just destroyed the concrete like a drill and they wouldn't hold. So, I partially screwed them in with a screw gun and then hand-tightened the final part. And, even with Tapcons, maybe a little glue in the pre-drilled holes (such as the Loctite stuff) would help secure the Tapcons in place.

Reply to
TomR

I don't know because when I died in the ambulance, I seem to recall a lot of heat and very deep wicked sounding laughter. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I guess you're the first honest AC guy to make it to the Pearly Gates?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A threshold is a strip across the bottom of a door opening that seals it wh en the door is closed, so cold (or hot) air does not seep in under the door . A threshold can be wood, metal or vinyl, but a popular option is aluminum , which is resistant to rot or water damage, cleans easily and requires no regular maintenance. Many aluminum thresholds have rubber strips that flex when the door is closed to provide a tighter seal. Replacing a threshold wi th a new aluminum one is fairly simple.Measure the bottom of the doorway wi th a tape measure and buy an aluminum threshold to fit; most entry doors ar e about 36 inches wide. Match height of the new threshold to the old; make sure the new threshold is no higher off the floor to avoid door closing pro blems. Use a rubber-centered threshold if the old one had such a piece. For more information

Alan Smith

The most durable seal especially for commercial doors where there is a lot of traffic, is a solid flat threshold and the seal on the bottom of the door. A brush strip seal on both sides works very well. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas