Air conditioner Trips Circuit Breaker-Call Electrician or A/C guy?

I have indeed accidently tested a breaker by shorting it that led to the discovery my FPE is a fire hazard. Breakers are by description designed to be tripped.

In the office machine industry technicians are trained from day 1 to TEST all safety protection devices by overloading or over stressing them to CONFIRM they work as designed. Safety switches fail sometimres and a critical one can cause a fire or injury.. bryyer the tech finds and fixes it than a building burns down:( The only tst device I can think of that isnt supposed to be tested is a thermal fuse since they are one shot devices....

I have no doubt there are circuit breaker test devices.

If I get some links on these things will you quit being a PIA?

yeah NEW faucets are designed to leak under very high pressure, so a frozen pipe doesnt mean a ruptured pipe, faucets leaks instead, its actually a good idea.when things thaw no harm done. thats a new federal law.

Reply to
hallerb

mm posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20

You can believe what you want, it's not a points race and his statement is = BS.=20 You find in any standards or manufacturers statement breakers are designed = to=20 get weaker with age - HIS words. They are not; along with the other BS he= =20 spews. He is dangerous and a hack.

--=20 Tekkie

Reply to
Tekkie®

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

snip

That is not what you stated before. It was a deliberate short you caused to make certain a circuit was off.

I find this extremely hard to believe because most of these devices are one use therefore you are padding the bill for your lack of knowledge. If there is such a reference post it!

There are...

The economics of it are that the real testers are expensive and it's not feasible to test a $6 breaker with it. Deliberately shorting it is NOT the way to test it and you should know it.

EVERY TIME you make a false, unsafe or an assumptive statement I will counter it by asking for the facts.

This is PURE bullshit because I contacted MOEN Co. and talked to their representative named Phil whom stated: Faucets are NOT designed to leak under very high pressure = your words (whatever very high pressure is anyway) and there is NO NONE NADA Federal law to do so. If you would read the follow ups to your whimsical posts you would have read where I repudiated your babbling. If you can find in the manufacturers literature this is true POST IT! If you can find this "Federal law" POST IT!

Once again, IF you get your facts straight and provide references to what you post I will leave you alone.

Reply to
Tekkie®

That's baloney, because in this thread and the one maybe 20 threads down, you just insulted him and told the OP to ignore him.

You didn't counter it by asking for facts.

Even if you had that would be silly, because he usually gives "facts", just facts you don't believe or don't agree with. So if you want to counter something, why not give your own "facts". Now you attempted to do that this time (in parts I have snipped, because I didn't think I'd need them) but that was not your first post in this thread. YOu certainly don't meet the "EVERY TIME" standard, and if we apply the same standards you use in judging hallerb, you come off pretty bad.

BTW, I read the later thread first tonight, and you say he enlisted someone to help him. I presume you mean me. He didn't enlist me at all. He's never written to me, nor I to him, and I don't know him. He may be wrong about some facts -- I do not know -- but you were posting in a way that made your statements unbelievable, and in all my earlier posts, that's what I tried to explain to you.

Also, I'm not going to waste my time looking for sources to contradict you. The problem from my pov is not whether you are right** or wrong, but the way your insults, especially when he's right, destroy your credibility. I'm trying to do you and the group a favor.

**You seem to think that if you and the people you know do it one way, no other way is correct or acceptable. That's another problem. It's a big country, with millions of technicians. Don't assume yours is the only right way to do things.
Reply to
mm

You're the one who has made an issue of this and insulted him because you claim he is wrong. It's up to you to find a standard or manufacturer's statement that breakers either don't change or get harder to trip with age.

You claim you give facts, but again, you don't.

Because you said so, I believed he was wrong the first time I saw you say he was wrong, but you've ruined it. Now I don't trust you anymore. You have to realize that not everyone has read all his posts or all of your replies, and you have to give facts to prove your position at every stage of the game. Otherwise, you will just sound like a crank. (For me, you already do. Sorry, nothing personal. I have had standards for years for judging who is a crank, and you fit the standards.)

Reply to
mm

mm posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

And when is that? You don't make much sense but just go in circular references. Listen M&M I don't give a crap what you or he post - except when it's outright dangerous or deceptive. If I see it and it's wrong I'll point it out. All you have to do to prove me wrong is backing up your erroneous statements with facts. At least most of your posts have "I don't know anything about this" - funny, it doesn't prevent you from posting either... See ya later - maybe.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Your A/C works harder and draws more energy (RLA) when the outside temperature is warmer.

Short cycling (on-off-on) is a common cause of those symptoms in warm weather.

A 30 amp circuit breaker that has been tripped a few times should really be replaced.

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

Pull the breaker from the panel and check it. Sometimes the breakers will "burn" at the buss and not be noticable right away. While the air condenser / air conditioner is running, it will overheat the breaker [bad connection on the buss] and trip while there might be nothing wrong with the air conditioner itself.

Reply to
Zephyr