Adding insulation to old farmhouse

Hi,

Our local NSTAR has a great rebate program for weatherization. I'm going to have a contractor remove vinyl siding and pump insulation into the wall, repair the holes and reinstall the siding. Also going to have him add to the attic insulation.

What should I be careful of in an old 130+ farmhouse? Suggestions or best practices? Types of insulation, etc.

Thanks.

Reply to
BKS

Does the place have 'modern' electrical wires (Romex)? If you have 'knob and tube' wiring then you can't put any insulation in until the electrical stuff is updated. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ricks