A/C opinions?

Hi Cowboy, Rewrote the above - your response? Could it be that the components are merely assembled at those locations? The question ought to be where are the components mfg'ered?

The installation is the key. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I subscribe to CR, however, Consumers Report is crap when it comes to Central AC equipment. The later model Goodman equipment is as good as any of the other brands & usually better equipment for the initial cost along with a warranty at the top of the industry.

I would buy the 14-SEER with the better components - Copeland Scroll compressor & Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV).

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I am a retired HVAC/R contractor & have NO dog in this hunt. I sold different Brands & did service work on all Brands. I always look past the looks.

That is my point, the new Goodman units with the Copeland Scroll compressor coupled with a TXV metering device is a lot of AC for that initial investment with a great warranty. Coupled with a first rate install it will transfer heat from your home with the best on the market. I also prefer R-22 refrigerant systems, I believe, in a few years, new refrigerants will be developed.

If you want PayBack, ultra high SEER is overrated!

DISCLAIMER: I assume NO responsibility for the USE of any information I post on any of my Web pages, in E-Mails or News Groups. All HVAC/R work should always be done by a licensed Contractor & properly licensed Techs! This information is only placed on these pages primarily for your understanding & communication with contractors & techs. This information is also for the edification of Contractors and Techs. Never attempt anything that you are NOT competent to do in a SAFE manner! I am NOT liable for your screw-ups, you are liable for what you do! - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

It's a pain to throw the grids in the dishwasher??? The only pain I can see is it the EP unit is located in an inaccessible location, and the same issue applies with media type as well. Saving the $15 a pop for good media filters by using the washable EP grids will rapidly make up for the cost of the EP.

Reply to
Pete C.

UT coils... Mexico :-(

Reply to
<kjpro

Must be as most homeowners NEVER clean them!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

That&#39;s a function of our failing schools that aren&#39;t teaching any "life" skills. Same reason people don&#39;t know how to calculate the mileage their yuppmobiles get.

Reply to
Pete C.

I don&#39;t think that will be an issue in this case; I drive a Porsche so I am certainly familiar with regular DIY maintenance. Way, WAY too familiar.

nate

(wondering when a used S2000 will become affordable...)

Reply to
N8N

Just because you drive a Porsche doesn&#39;t mean you are going to clean your home electronic air filter.

Reply to
<kjpro

One needs to realize the above information comes from someone without training. It&#39;s pure 100% opinion from a landlord. So take it for what it&#39;s worth, nothing. Nice going, webtv boy.

Reply to
<kjpro

Don&#39;t use a/c. Just let the sweat pour out.

Reply to
TD