Temp there now is 105 so don't have a lot of time to kill doing research, but would appreciate feedback.
1. Do compressors "short out" or is that just a mis-used term for "stopped working for some reason?"
2. What is the likelihood that the tech screwed something up while replacing the cap?
3. Is it likely that there's a compressor fault that can be fixed without replacing it?
4. Are the compressor motor and pump separable?
5. Are used compressors available? Rebuilt?
6. Why did the unit run for 24 hours with a new starting cap if the compressor is faulty?
7. Any other questions for the tech or suggestions for the g.f. appreciated.
Absolutely no interest in spending any more than absolutely necessary to make this thing limp along for a few months, as the house is going up for short sale within a few weeks.