75 Volts off TV F-connector?

As I stated, that depends. Sorry, see nothing to respond to there.

Reply to
Pop

All the amplifiers in a community cable distribution system get their power from the cable itself. It is 60 Hz whereas the cable signals are 50+ MHz and higher.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Sorry. You are wrong. Way wrong. Almost criminally wrong.

Reply to
HeyBub

First, the 75V on the antenna connector COULD be correct IF the antenna is a satellite TV antenna. Voltage actually travels the cable to drive the circuitry in the LMB.

Second, the voltage measured here, there, and the other place is dependent on the impedance of the meter and whether a load is active. Clamp one lead of the meter to ground and hold the other lead between dampened fingers. Bingo! Two to fifty volts on a sensitive meter.

Reply to
HeyBub

Where you find voltage, then switch the multimeter to current. That number is also important. For example, if the meter measures microamps, well that typically is not enough to be a danger but would also not cause 'wet finger tingle'. Milliamps or (real bad) amps of AC current tell you more. Based upon what that meter is doing, the current leakage is probably in the milliamp range.

Unfortunately, your meter sounds like someth> You folks (almost) sound like the US Congress ;-).

Reply to
w_tom

Snip the Bullshit

This is Turtle.

You say you give this man the correct advice already but i see no post to him at all. was you using ESP or something or dreaming again ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Don't rattle the resident troll like that for we will hear about it for a week or two.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

OH My God, POP is one of those alt.hvac members out to get you. Ok Paul your right and i will send a e-mail to POP to tell him that your always right and to stop being out to get you. You know i heard that somewhere's before. '' They are all out to get me ! ''.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

I stand corrected for I have been a little forward the last few days. Paul must not have took his medications and i had to answer his attacks. I'll have to tone it down.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

Yes Paul after 40 something years in the hvac business, I still have not learn about Lesstricity. Does owning my own business for the last 25 year count ? OK I don't know anything Paul.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

If you've had the patience to read through all the character assasination and BS on this thread, I'm going to offer that if you have enough current to feel it, you've got a real problem that should be addressed. My long distance diagnosis would be a bad ground connection at the main power supply or another circuit lower down, you do need to get this fixed, it is potentially dangerous and I think a real electrician, or the power company, should be involved, I really wish this newsgroup didn't have to absorb the overflow of the nastiness on HVAC,com, but that seems to be what's going on just now,

Dan

Reply to
Dan

when u got bs to toss, where do u throw it. at the pile of bullshit, of course.

Reply to
Lifer

most of the meter readings indicate that you are measuring low level leakage current which will tickle a wet finger and is normal.

The capacitance beween the motor windings and the shell of a mixer can casue this.

The avaialble is very low and even the current needed for the meter reduces the avaiable voltage. This casues the numerical reading to change when you change scales on the meter, i.e. the pointer does not move much but the corresponding reading does change. This is a classic indication of very low current, like leakage current and is probably normal.

If you had a real problem and put wet fingers across it, you would feel it very strongly and you meter would peg on the 10V

The TV readings seem high. I don't unerstand your readings for the TV and "across night light prongs? What does that mean?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

William W. Plummer posted for all of us...

Well, I'm dubious about this too... but 75 Volts?? Nah & now you are talkin= g=20 frequency. So let us know what you are asserting here... volt amps=20 frequency pick one then stick with it.=20

--=20

Tekkie

Reply to
Tekkie®

Luke,

were you also getting a mild shock from the mixer or just from the TV connector?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

TROLL

Reply to
William W. Plummer

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 02:37:46 GMT, pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com scribbled this interesting note:

Not even static shock from the carpet on cold, dry days???

John Willis

NO! NEVER! UNSAFE! DANGEROUS! CALL THE MASTER ELECTRICIAN!

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote: ....

The point was there are lots of ways to get voltages w/ low currents from capacitive coupling, etc., that may show up as either measured voltages using high impedance meters or an occasional "feelable" shock that are not dangerous nor code violations nor manufacturing defects/failures...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth