Year old lawn is fading away!

I hope I am posting in the right forum for this query. ..I had a new lawn put in last summer. Green as could be until this spring. One or two patches have turned into four or five and growing. The beginning of spring I fertilized it and have been soaking problem areas heavily to promote growth a few times a week. Am I not soaking it enough or not enough? We do cut the grass with a manual push mower and cut it short so the trimmings fertilize the grass and easy to cut. Is this too much? It is getting worse and worse. Any advice getting this lawn back to form again please? Do we need to start over?

Thanks, Jonathan

Reply to
JS

Short is not good...can you raise the blades or height on your push mower?

Reply to
LFR

Where do you live and did you start the lawn from seed or sod?

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Sounds like chinch bug..only guessing. Put down some telstar.

Reply to
Steveo

Northern California.

Sod