Throttle Adjustment on Honda Harmony II?

I have a Honda Harmony II mower. It's three years old now, and not getting full power to the wheels. On even slight uphill inclines I have to push a little. I notice that if I pull sideways on the exposed part of the throttle cable, the drive zips right along, so I guess the cable must be loose or stretched. Is there a way to adjust it? I'd rather not tear it apart myself unless I know it can be done. TIA!

---Mick

Reply to
Mick

Did you read the manual? My Harmony 215 has a section on adjusting the safety clutch cable, drive clutch cable, etc.

Also, sounds like this may be a clutch issue, rather than a throttle one. Is the engine running at full speed while this is happening?

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Chet, Thanks for the reply. You're right, it's the clutch cable. I was using the wrong term. When I pull the exposed part of the clutch cable sideways, it zips right along. My manual doesn't say anything about any cable or lever adjustments. If yours has something fairly brief, would you mind posting? TIA!

---Mick

Reply to
Mick

My Honda is a Harmony 215, not a Harmony II. If the owner's manual doesn't have the adjustment info, I suggest buying a service manual. Or perhaps someone else has the info.

Reply to
Chet Hayes