Seeding in shade w/falling leaves

More challenges and more questions !

I have a large part of the perimeter of my yard covered in shade. Some quite dense. Id like to seed these areas with something but I'm thinking that the amount of leaves falling here in Tennessee right now are going to smother any growth this time of the year. FYI, I had already bought Scotts Pure Premium Shady Brand Grass Seed mix.

JD

Reply to
John

diespammer2comcast.net

"I have a large part of the perimeter of my yard covered in shade. Some

quite dense. Id like to seed these areas with something but I'm thinking that the amount of leaves falling here in Tennessee right now are going to smother any growth this time of the year. "

That's one reason why areas that are shaded are generally better suited to spring seeding. The other is than in the spring, the amount of light these areas receive is much higher when the temps are favorable to germination, because the trees have no leaves. If you've seeded it already, to keep it going, you'll have to make sure you keep after the falling leaves a couple times a week with a blower.

Reply to
trader4