North Facing Lawn

Hi,

I have a lawn that is North facing and gets no sun during the winte months. Its very damp and and I even get the odd mushroom growing. Th grass gets very patchy and thin during these months and I usualy hav to re-seed parts of it during April / May to ensure a good lawn for th new season.

Is there anything I can do to help stop this happening

-- Astraman999

Reply to
Astraman999

Silly-nilly. Cut the lawn into sod units. Turn them all 180 degrees. Now all faces south.

Reply to
Dioclese

Is it your front lawn?

Reply to
Steveo

The lawn is the back one

-- Astraman999

Reply to
Astraman999

You will need to move your house or at the least, arrange a bunch of mirrors to bend the sun around the house so that it will hit the grass. Good luck!

Reply to
Chuck

There was me thinking this was a gardening help forum not a place fo

childish jokes.

I'm off to join another forum that can offer sensible advice

-- Astraman999

Reply to
Astraman999

You could consider planting ground covers such as myrtle, pachysandra, english ivy etc, instead of grass.

Reply to
Steveo

Google: sense of humor.

Reply to
GWB

Google: sense of humor.

Please - if you dont have anything sensible to say then shut up and g away

-- Astraman999

Reply to
Astraman999

man that fungus is really getting to you!

let me put in my 2 cents

figure out away to get your yard to drain properly. you could try building up the areas that pool.

Reply to
jthread

ah ~ come on he's high on mushrooms. ;)

Reply to
jthread

I replied with sensible advice, now it's time for a sensible question.

What the hell is wrong with you, Astraman?

Reply to
Steveo

oops never-mind - gardenbanter.co.uk

Reply to
Steveo

My bad. All lawns are omnidirectional. Sorry, I can't speak English. Only the language native to USA which is more defining when making interrogatives.. Thanks.

Reply to
Dioclese

Other than the joke, I think he did get some good advice. That was to make sure he's using a grass mix suitable for dense shade and to consider if other plantings would work better, at least for part of the area. Another tip is to make sure you promptly remove leaves in Fall, assuming you have any.

The quality of the answers you get also depends on the info you give. I saw the post and didn't reply because there was no info as to location, climate, type of soil, etc.

Reply to
trader4

OK well now we know.

Reply to
Steveo

Wow. I just went there, and had a look at their interface. That's worse than G2. I didn't think that was possible. It not only censors content, but strips MID's that are referenced.

No wonder all I see from there is shit posts.

*updates global killfile*
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

The blimey limey is a wet blanket. :)