Mysterious Brick Dust Piles in Basement

same color as the brick or are they lighter? Old post, but google brought me to it when I was searching my issue. Since we moved into our house 4 years ago, I've noticed this in the front of my basement:

3 "neat little" piles of brick that come back over ~6 months after I vacuum them away. Actually two are brick colored, and one is sand or sawdust colored. They are about equidistant along the front wall. It's an old rowhouse house (~100 years) that was massively renovated about 12 years ago and extended backward significantly. Front half is brick under stucco, back half is wood frame under stucco. The dust piles are only along the front facade, and only in the basement. Attached is a photo of one of the piles; you can see dust along the concrete wall there (which covers the front foundation below grade); the dust is coming from above. Any thoughts on whether this is something I should be concerned about, or other things to look for, would be appreciated. The basement is always pretty dry since I installed a dehumidifier a few years ago.
read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by gkryhewy in Home Repair

Report misuse

Image for Mysterious Brick Dust Piles in Basement