Rocking chair rocks back too far

This old rocking chair rocks so far back it feels like you'll go over backwards. It's never actually gone over but it's scary. It's quite old so I can see the wood has worn away a good bit on the bottom at the point it hits the floor. There is a dowel at this spot holding the bottom to the leg. Is there a way to beef the bottom up or will if have to be taken apart and reworked? I imagine when this chair was new, it was fine and has since worn too much wood off from rocking.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by Wendy Dutsky in Home Repair

Report misuse

Image for Rocking chair rocks back too far