[SOLVED] Hyundai i20 water leak - from roof trim?

I had the same problem but managed to find the source of the leak. I first removed the roof trim but there is no entry point into the car along that so put it back on. Then through using a hose and isolating various areas I was able to find a vent under the rear bumper that was letting water in under its seal.

Removing the bumper a bit fiddly but doing able. See video link for how.

Then once that is done you can either replace or seal up the vent. I sealed up one but the flaps on the other had gone so got a replacement for £10 from a local Hyundai garage. You can also get them on eBay for around £15.

Get one out is a bit tricky but there are two small gaps in the top where you can put screwdrivers in to press a bendy bit and then with a bit of force lever the vent out.

I hope all that helps!

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by Callum in UK Do-It-Yourself Forum

Report misuse

Image for [SOLVED] Hyundai i20 water leak - from roof trim?