How can I remove one vinyl siding plank without damaging it?

Yes, it is possible. There is a tool called  "zipper siding tool" or simply "siding removal tool" (picture attached) . It's a flat metal hook business end of which is shaped like the vinyl siding's lock (inverted U). You slide it in-between the   two planks you're disconnecting and pull/turn to make the lock disengage in one spot. Then just slide the tool along the plank's edge to disengage all of it.

As I was typing it, I realized how hard it was to explain what you'd realize in an instant. It's a <em> pretty straight-forward tool </em>. Almost nothing to it, just needs a couple of tries to get the movements right.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Siding

Report misuse

Image for How can I remove one vinyl siding plank without damaging it?