How do I seal copper pipe under pressure?

On your homepage, is that you in the black bikini? 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I lost track; who was nice to you, the Mormon? He just wants to convert you.

Real Pisser

Of course! I hope it's obvious.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

See, you can't even get that right. Misinterpretation of the situation is the norm here.

I don't recall saying anything about "nice". I said "helpful".

Nice is just common courtesy....UNcommon on the web... almost nonexistent in this neck of the web.

People are welcome to be as obnoxious as necessary to make themselves feel good...as long as they're helpful.

I'm easily annoyed by unhelpful people who chime in just to be obnoxious. May make them feel superior, but it does NOT make them look superior or knowledgeable or smart.

And yes, I do understand that nothing that I can say here will change that.

Party on!

Reply to
mike

I still want to know if that's you in the bikini on your home page. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Here, being nice is the very same as being helpful. This is not a nice place, nor is it intended to be helpful to anyone, in my opinion. This is a place for HVAC people to have some R&R. I just come here for amusement, which I can always count on. I am not in the HVAC trade, hanging around here for a few years has shown me that the techs here don't hold back knowledge to feel superior. They harass each other all the time, much as they would in a bar, downing a few brewskies. I am sure they appreciate your permission.

Real Pisser

Well said However let us know when you finish what did you achieved Then you will received my apology!

Reply to
Grumpy

Here's a pix of it installed and working. Fans removed for clarity. With the fans, incoming air temp is about half way between inside and outside temp.

a closeup
Here's the whole saga:
I'll wait here for your apology.

Reply to
mike

You've got a lot more time on your hands than brains, that's for sure.

I was particularly amused by your complete misunderstanding of IAQ and the purpose of HRV's.

Carry on.

Reply to
.p.jm.

OK please except my apology but I still say you waste lots of time doing nothing, by the way any chance that you have work part time for communication company from Canada some place around Neptune NJ

Reply to
Grumpy

Might wanna look up what "except" means.

How I spend my time is MY choice, not yours. You don't get to call me stupid just cause you don't like how I spend it. In fact, in polite society, you don't get to call anybody stupid for any reason. If you can help, go right ahead. Otherwise, silence is golden.

by the way any chance

Nope, I'm blissfully retired. Haven't done a lick of real work since 1995...and my boss might have suggested longer than that.

Reply to
mike

Why is everybody so jealous that I have time on my hands. Yes, I gots

100% free time, 90% brains and I like to tinker. Get over it.

I don't recall expounding on either, except to state that a primary objective is reduction in indoor humidity in winter. Icky things happen when the dew point is higher than the window temperature. Is that wrong? (oh crap, now I'm gonna get a nitpicky lecture complete with insults on latent heat and that the windows can't get lower than the dew point...just let it go... the point is that the windows get wet if you do nothing.) The heat exchanger allows recovery of some of the heat while "out goes the bad air, in comes the good air". That wrong too?

So enlighten me, oh wise one. Help me rectify my complete misunderstanding.

ALL I really wanted was input on sealing pipes with freon in 'em. Amusing you was an unexpected consequence.

Reply to
mike

Bzzt. Try again.

No, I wouldn't confuse you with all that. I'd merely mention that during the winter, the outside RH is low, and the inside RH is even lower, leading to the invention of a little device called a HUMIDIFIER, that tries to keep inside RH > 30 % in the winter.

Then you should have asked. Answer - You don't. You seal them FIRST, THEN put the refrigerant in.

But you just keep on trying to condense R134a a 32 F and 1 atmos if you like.

Reply to
.p.jm.

SORRY "Accept"

Reply to
Grumpy

Maybe where you live.

Ok, how do you get the refrigerant in AFTER you've sealed it?

I NEVER implied that. The term "UNDER PRESSURE" mean anything to you? Nobody is trying to condense anything. It's going in at 100 psi. That's why I want to seal a pipe under pressure. (quoting the subject line for those who don't read.)

Reply to
mike

maybe some courses at school?? start with physics, fluid dynamics, pneumatics, then maybe some basic refrigeration courses, and then there is brazing/welding......

Unfortunately, they don't have any courses in COMMON SENSE.

Reply to
Steve

Gee, I dunno. How does an AC or refrigeration tech add freon to a sealed system ? Seeing as it's done millions of times every year, all over the world, I bet there's a way ! Dont'cha think ?

Do you know what the phrase 'set of gauges' means to an AC tech ? Why don't you go try to figure out how they work ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

Paul, you know better than that, you know that osmosis stuff ...its just pure magic!!

Reply to
Steve

R134a is NOT a Freon, it is a Suva. Both are trademarks of DuPont.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know