Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

have a gas steam heat furnace that runs and will not turn off even with thermost
i have a older gas furnace with steam heat raditors my problem is when i turn thermostat up furnace fires up ;turnthermostat down keeps running i disconnected thermostat furnace still runs have to...

I have a flame on my thermostat non flashing and I cannot get my house warm what do I do so the flame will ignite and I have heat?
No further details provided

cant control heat in house changed thermostat same result from burnham oil furna
this is a new digital thermostat the old one was a mercury one. Do i replace the thermocouple and if so where would it be connected

OK to Use a 4" furnace filter instead of a 5" filter?
No further details provided

climate control system for basement 1200 sq foot
need to maintain same temputure year round in basement

what is a GV Relay? Knght boiler has initiated a LOCK OUT in 2 boiler system stating a "GV RELAY FAIL" (One is still working)
No further details provided

looking for a thermostat for a wait circulator m#nw-20-s 20,000 btu
No further details provided

Lennox pulse G14 furnace clicks, but nothing happens
This seems to be an intermittent issue. I will turn the thermostat to heat, and the furnace will click, but nothing happens - it will keep clicking untill I turn the thermostat to Off position. If I...

GE 21lg furnace - blower control question
When the furnace cycles, the blower will run indefinitely, rather that run for 10 minutes...is this the 'fan / limit control switch'?? **If I slide the cover up and down, the blower will stop.

Should an older home with antiques go without heat during cold & below zero weat
Our museum is struggling to maintain the structure, a 100+ year old house, due to low funds. Is it advisable to turn the heat off during the winter months to save on fuel bills? We have many antiques,...

Is it a good idea to connect a coal stove to existing heating ducts?
I need advice on the efficiency of installing a coal stove in my basement with the intent of connecting it to the heating ducts normally used by my propane fueled heater. Is this a good idea?

I have a Singer KSF Heater series 2270 in my boat. Where can I find replacement
parts?

lochinvar solutions gas hot water boiler system chatters when on
No further details provided

will harm come to the furnace from the use of diesel fuel
No further details provided

leaking water behind induced draft blower on goodman GMS90904
How to repair leaking water from behind induced draft blower on goodman GMS90904 gas furnace.