Can I install hardwood in a raised deck in massachusetts

I am having a raised three season porch built in the Spring, and wonder if I can have hardwood for a floor. I live in Massachusetts so temps will be cold during winter months. Is ceramic tile possible?

Thank you

Reply to
Paul

Yep, no problem with hardwood nor tile and both are quite commonly done. Ceramic tile does require a very stiff surface, so it will be considerably more costly. Some people lay loose pavers or large thick stone tiles on a more beefy decking and structure that accounts for their thickness.

- But Hardwoods, are very well proven long lasting lightweight solutions. However, there are only a few "Hard"-woods to choose from. Being - White Oak (not red), Ipe, Teak and Mahogany. So somebody doesn't try to sell you Soft as Hard...Redwood, Cedar, and Cypress are Softwoods.

Reply to
Anonymous