White Bird of Paradise going ape

This is So. Calif coastal.

Giant "White" Bird of Paradise (actually has beautiful BLUE floweers) is getting out of hand. It's on the front of the house (north facing), and has to be cut back constantly. Gardener doesn't cut trunks to ground level, so there is ugly dead stuff visible that is very hard for me (injured hand) to remove. Worst part is that there is now a "hole" in the center of the giant plant where trunks have been removed. I'm looking for a creative solution to conceal that lacuna. Was thinkng of a pot with ?? plant that might set in that area, but it is uneven.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Persephone

Reply to