Wheelbarrow with TWO wheels

My friend in USA has a fold-up thick plastic, two-wheeled wheelbarrow. It has a ten-year guarantee. I couldn't believe the amount of lawn cuttings and weeds it took. It folded almost flat on her inside garage wall whilst hanging up. She even washed her dog in it because apparently it's 99% waterproof. There are different sizes but she bought a green handled one! She can't remember the name, something like fold-a-barrow?

Does any one have an idea where I could buy one in the UK? I would really appreciate knowing. Thank you.

Reply to
Rosey1959

I believe this is it, and Amazon sells it, so maybe Amazon UK will have it also:

Victoria

Updated daily when able.

Reply to
Jangchub

Hmm, $250 is a lot for what it is. It's not a cart and it's not a wheelbarrow. I don't like the shape of the barrow part, doesn't look convenient for mixing stuff, I don't like those sharp corners. I think a wheelbarrow one can buy for like $30 at the local hardware will offer much more utility for the gardner, and with the money left over one can buy a really nice utility cart... for heavy hauling I have the 17 cu ft heavy duty dump cart (Lowes had it for $200), pulled with miost any garden tractor. I also have a meduim sized nursery cart, comes in very handy.

I like the Agri-Fab products much better.

brooklyn1

The fact that it folds bothers me the most, in my experience those kind of contraptions negate any claims of heavy duty and break and/or wear out quickly. I think that hefty price tag is for the foldability hype, in actual use I'd bet it rarely gets folded.

I have a 4 cu ft poly wheelbarrow with wooden frame and pneumatic tire that I bought for about $15 some 30 years ago, still going strong... not a very good picture of my wheelbarrow but it's what I could find:

I wouldn't want anything larger/heavier for gardening. I wouldn't want a contractor's type wheelbarrow for gardening, I much prefer the shallow type, I'm not mixing concrete although a few times I have used it to mix small batches. I have plenty of space in my two barns but if space were a problem mine stands on end on it's front lip and wheel, or it's plenty light enough that I could easily hang it from a hook Where I live distances are great, I don't want to push anything too heavy or heavily laden... for heavy loads I prefer a wagon, either my big agri-fab behind either of my tractors:
or this one:
This wagon is extremely handy for gardening, was only $70 at Lowe's... can be towed behind a garden tractor too. And when you have little helpers this is the best:
wheelbarrow, big Agri-Fab, yellow cart, and the red Radio Flyer cost just a bit more than that flimsy looking (to me) $250 foldable. And many times when I have outdoor chores all I carry is a 5 gallon contractors pail with one of those pocketed inserts for tools:
Sometimes all I want is an empty bucket with just the few tools I'll need for the job.

Do you mean four legs or four wheels? You may have the same yellow cart I got from Lowe's. I also like that the sides fold down... and I made plywood liner for mine.

Reply to
brooklyn1

I'm ten years older, you're still a young chick.

Do you still live in New York? I lived in many places over the years but wouldn't have been happy retiring anywhere but NY. The Catskills are lovely and I like the seasons. At one point I considered Idaho, even bought a gorgous 80 acre lot in Bonner County north of Sand Point, but then realized they had little to offer that people need, not even adequate medical facilities.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Thank you all so much for your prompt responses.

Brooklyn1, YES THAT'S THE ONE.... I followed your link and found it under Fold-A-Tools, then clicked on Fold-A-Cart. I received an email back from them and found they have a dealer in UK, but is just setting up. They will email me when they have all contact details.

The great thing about having two wheels was - my friend had two bales of hay & some tack in the cart, and her horse on the other side. She pulled the cart and lead the horse to the stables at the same time. Nothing tipped out as it was balanced.

Thanks again to all of you taking the trouble to help out! Much appreciated. Rosey

Reply to
Rosey1959

Did you do a Google?

reason they fold is due to the flexible bed material that may not tolerate sharp objects weighted down by what's loaded above them. Maybe good for you, not for me. Good luck.

Reply to
Dioclese

Did you do a Google?

reason they fold is due to the flexible bed material that may not tolerate sharp objects weighted down by what's loaded above them. Maybe good for you, not for me. Good luck.

Reply to
Dioclese

I spent the majority of my adult life living and working on Lung Guyland, mostly in Suffolk County. Yes, the Catskills have lots of very ethnically segregated enclaves from when it was a popular resort area during the '50s but not so much anymore. Most of the old bungalow colonies have been long deserted, went into disrepair, and so the developers bought them for the land to build housing and shopping malls.

I have a friend who lives in New Braunfels, TX so I know something about the weather in that area; hot and hotter. The ground is mostly rock, the soil what little exists is poor, and there isn't much rain. I've been told it's not a good area for gardening. My friend brought in a fortune worth of topsoil just so they could plant what they consider the bare essentials, they have four acres with a small pond... they send me pictures, mostly it's brown and the pond almost dry. They also have an extensive automatic irrigation system but mostly watering is greatly curtailed by local governtment. I actually mail them vegetables from my garden. They ended up in Texas because he was in the military and mostly stationed there. After a

20 year military career he worked there another 20 years. They are originally from Indiana, they'd love to go back, but they have a big house and right now real estate is not doing well.
Reply to
brooklyn1

I never said it is, that would be as silly as thinking all of NYS is like NYC. I mentioned only what I've been told about New Braunfels and it's immediate surrounding area, that mostly it's hot and dry. I can't say first hand because I've never been to that part of Texas. I've driven through northern Texas many times in my travels cross country, I thought that was very desolate, lifeless, and dreary looking, but I know better than to judge an entire state by what can be seen from the Interstate.

So what brought a Brooklyn girl from Noo Yawk Cidy to Teyxas?

Reply to
brooklyn1

Good for you. It's nice to hear from someone on the net who is happy and secure. Many people I've encountered in newsgroups are confused, bitter, and needy. But then you're a Brooklyn girl, you're tough, you have perserverence, fortitude, and endurance.

Reply to
brooklyn1

It's a different world now, nowhere is safe anymore. I'm glad I did all my traveling when I was younger. The last time I boarded a plane was 15 years ago, there were no metal detectors and luggage searching then. People I know who fly regularly say it's a nightmare to travel. I'm glad I'm happy staying near to home, typically I go into town once a week, otherwise I've no reason to set foot off this property. Last year I drove my car 700 miles, I spend more hours on my tractor.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Fear and danger are subjective. The ability to be calm or centered seems to decreases as we age. Still ....... nothing can be done till the opportunity presenters present otherwise it resides in only our mind.

Bill a martial arts kind of guy.

Lost over 50 % of our fish due to a great blue heron.

The survivors seem like they were never here. I know and lament still.

Knowing does not change anything Just more barberry and awareness

Confusing but it is the way it is.

What to plant ?

Reply to
Bill

I don't know what planet you're on (or what you're on) but the problems in todays' world on planet Earth are real, they're not imagined... I wish they were imagined but unfortunately they're very real.

Reply to
brooklyn1

According to the definition of "pretentious" and your often espousement of your beliefs, I question this, as I question your "emptiness".

You obviously know little to nothing of Watts. Judeo/Christian, as envisioned by you, he was not. When Alan spoke of God, he was not speaking of the God which you envision.

You totally misunderstood the intent of my post. It was a serious inquiry. Your reply was a reflection of....what?

And you are correct, I shall concern myself not at all with you or your beliefs. Your concern with yourself has led you to your misunderstanding and my decision to not seek further wisdom from your quarter.

Concern yourself not with my mind, be concerned with your own. I was referring to myself when I spoke of yet another thing upon which to meditate.

Charlie

"There is but one ultimate Power. This Power is to each one what he is to it." - Ernest Holmes

Reply to
Charlie

I'm with you on that. Have not been to an airport in over 10 years. I don't mind flying/travel, airports are depressing. Plus prefer not to be treated like a potential terrorist.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yeah, all this theoretical psychobable will never go anywhere except into perpetual orbit... let's return to reality... move on from wheelbarrows. Spring is nigh, let's discuss perhaps rototillers, anyone have one, more than one, commentary? I have three, an Italian made monster

that tills a 5' swarth behind my tractor, a 7 horse Simplicity that's like riding a rodeo bull, and what has become my favorite, a mild mannered Mantis.

The Italian tiller is that orange thing in the far corner:

horsepower Simplicity:

brooklyn1

And I saw God and he was driving a 57 Chevy. Or was it a tiller? Now where did that come from ?

I purchased a large 2 wheel cart many years ago. Useful for hauling firewood and large amounts of whatever. I wish I made more trips with a smaller cart as the large is difficult to deal with my paths now. This cart was a heck of a lot user friendly as the load was balanced not carried. A name perhaps Vermont ....it has been 35 years.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

He's not describing his own present personal experience, he's comparing his relatively plesant past personal experience to that of people he knows and from descriptions from the media since 9/11. I have friends/relatives who fly regulary and often, what they describe to me is a nightmare compared to my own flying experiences prior to 9/11... I used to like flying, and my past airport experiences were quite pleasant. I still occasionally go to the Albany International airport to drop people off and pick them up... I understand the need for that type of security nowadays but it's most unpleasant. My very first flight was 1961, NY to Chicago and return, folks were treated as though on a luxury liner. My last flight was 1995, NY to Miami and then on to Belize City, Bz. and return... a very pleasant experience, and on the Bz leg all the drink one wanted and the meal was fantastic (stuffed giant grouper or roast fresh pork), and no tiny bags of peanuts, snacks were skewered beef steak and jumbo shrimp. My brother flys very often for his job, he brings me those bags of peanuts. The first time I saw one I laughed, not even a snack for a squirrel... and I do feed the squirrels because my cats love to watch.

feed the deer too:
really have no need to leave home to enjoy life.

Reply to
brooklyn1

"Jangchub" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The tubs are good but you may want to have a couple of raised beds for veggies too. And I think as long as the soil warms well during the day it might help with your cooler nights, so think about raised beds that are of volume to have adequate mass for holding warmth, concrete sides will work much better than wood. However I don't know that your nights are cooler than mine here in the Catskills, and I could be wrong but my understanding is that nightshades take in light and warmth during the day but don't actually grow except at night (why they'e called nightshades), so they really can do quite well with cooler nights. I know mine do well here and I don't have a very long growing season either. I have learned however to put in flats of plants with tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, as many other vegetables. I think with vegetables early indoor planting from seed is highly over rated, probably better with a greenhouse but I don't want enough crops to go into the farmstand business. Buying plants gives me a big jump on the growing season. My garden is 50' X 50', it's much too large for my needs, so three years ago I decided to give up one third to blueberry bushes. I don't plant corn anymore either, the yield is too small and iffy in a home garden, and besides I can buy beautiful local corn for $2 a bakers dozen... even that is too much for me, so I buy six at a shot. I garden for enjoyment, not to prove anything. If it got to whee I had to become obsessed I wouldn't do it anymore. I mostly enjoy the natural beauty of this place, I don't really have to do much of anything except mow. And I like winter as it gives me a break from mowing ten acres of lawn every week.

Reply to
brooklyn1