Want dark red flowers

Hi All, - first post. I have been gardening for years now and have become obsessed with colour more and more. I am trying to find a plant/shrub that will climb a 5' foot fence but be able to keep it under general control. I have decided that I want dark red ie. crimson flowers in the spring to offset the colours around it and wondered about a Chaenomeles Japonica 'Crimson and Gold'. I wondered if anyone had one and could verify that the flowers are indeed crimson not red/tomato red/scarlet etc. I have been caught out like this before and bought plants which are not truly the colour I was after as printing techniques do not always accurately show the colour. Thanks anyone.

Reply to
Von5