Vocabulary Question

My backyard has a roughly twenty foot long, roughly 3.5 feet high and two feet wide, ostensibly adobe and brick-constructed "planter." It holds dirt so of course I can plant flowers, tomatoes, whatever in it. Its front (facing my living room) is decorative. That is, it's nice to look at.

What's the proper name for this trough-like planter?

Reply to
Elle

"Elle" wrote in news:sHdTh.20517 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Trough? Planter?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On Apr 11, 8:21 pm, FragileWarrior > look at.

I don't know the proper name, but, as a kid, we called it a "garden wall"

cheers

oz

Reply to
MajorOz

Raised bed? Terracing?

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Fragile, Major, and Cheryl, Major: Thank you!

Reply to
Elle

Anytime!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

It is one variety of a raised garden bed.

Reply to
Johnny

If it was a log it would be called Eco-Art Nurse Log. E.g.,

John A. Keslick, Jr. Arborist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless