Update on my Garden

This article is a Liberatarian overreaction. Yes, we may end up having sales tax charged on internet purchases. This won't stop internet purchasing, it will only make the cost more competitive with local merchants who do have to charge sales tax. I've been collecting state taxes on the stuff I sell on the internet all the time I've been a net merchant and it hasn't cut back on sales at all. Someone has to pay for the roads and bridges and schools.

As far as taxes on ISPs go, you pay ridiculous taxes on your landline phone and cell phone. Has that spelled the death of phone use? I don't think so!

Now back to the gardening discussion!

Reply to
Jenny

Personally, I don't want to give a dime to the SOB in the White House.

Bill Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

I look at this each AM but I also wonder how we got to this state of mind. I guess we get what we deserve.

Bill not a rose.

Reply to
William Wagner

No, I don't think so...back to this discussion.

Internet commerce is not the issue.

Did you read all the sub-articles and get a sense of what it *was* about? Again, I don't think so!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

But I don't want to give a single cent to government.... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

i don't want to either - but then if we don't, what happens? we can't have anything - they come and take it! can't win for losing some days................

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

I'm a fan of small government. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

We aren't going to get anywhere until we realize that both parties are run by a bunch of weasels. We need to know that the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, the U.N., the W.T.O., the World Bank, the I.M.F. are front groups for world fascism (International Corporations). Most of us just want to raise our kids and mow our lawn and reap the benefits of our work, health care and retirement. But Bush and his eternal war against those who resist American hegemony and, the secret wars in Unganda, Somalia and, Columbia take our profits, our young and, our dreams and beats them into weapons.

Whether you can throw your wooden shoes in to the machine or not, you must recognize that "Cristal Nacht" is here again.

- Bill F.B., Down with war.

Reply to
Billy Rose

F. B. and all that. Finally the temps are moving up out of the 70s and we should be into the mid 80's here in the Bay area by tomorrow. All but the largest tomatoes and peppers have shut down any growth. Hoping that a heat spell will kick these suckers back into action. Weather guesser says we will break

90 F in 9 days. Hope s/he is right.

Honey bees are doing fine here so far. A couple dozen were working the violets yesterday. I think I may have identified my unknown herb that looks like tarragon as skullcap. I still have some kind of mint with pink stalks and some pink leaves but I think Jan may have headed me in the right direction when, referring to another poster's problem, that lack of phosphorous can cause this pinking effect. So the mint is probably catnip, although it is not very minty tasting. On the other hand I have 3 pots of them, what could I have been thinking? That just leaves unknown 2, which from the pictures kinda looks like tarragon (skullcap) with a severe phosphorous deficiency. Think I'll add some bone meal and see what happens. Today is transplanting day for lemon balm, elecampane, goldenrod, lettuce, and alyssum. Discovered my schafer hund licking the ravaged cucumbers yesterday morning. Today, I'll wrap chicken wire around its' trellis before they disappear, like one of my zukes. First she takes up avocados and now cucumbers. Never had a dog so taken by salads.

Have as good a day as you can.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose