Tomato update

Just finished repotting my 45 tomato sprouts from flats into 3" peat pots. They are out in the drizzle right now, getting a diffused sunlight and humidity. Temp outside is 55.

I'm so excited!

-- Dewolla Stepon California, zone 9b, Sunset zone 15

Reply to
Dewolla

From the frozen tundra of zone 4... good! We finally have our 4-6" of snow. Temps in the teens today, if we are lucky. We're all hugging our monitors to stay warm. Tomatoes are all imports which taste just as they look: plastic.

If you've seen Grumpy Old Men... that's how it is here except all the women do not look like Ann Margaret.

"Fun" is sweating in a sauna and then rolling in snow or diving into the lake but only after a hole has been chipped out of the ice.

Lots of snow means an abundance of wildflowers since snow is nature's way of keeping plants happy during bitter cold. This year's snow isn't deep enough for snowshoes. We may burn ours to stay warm.

Brandy works, too.

Reply to
WiGard

What kind have you got? If interesting and you are near Oakland, plant some more and I'll be glad to pay the going rate for half a dozen.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Reply to
Roy

Sorry, Roy, all my plants are spoken for and I planted all the seeds I had. I got the seeds from Helen Foss, you might try emailing her to see if she still has any. She is a very kind person who sends seeds for free.

I won't post her email address here, but a Google search of groups for "Helen Foss" will get you her email.

- Dewolla Stepon

Reply to
Dewolla Stepon

Always a big problem with a small garden, isn't it? For example, I like calavasita, the Mexican-style squash. But all I need is maybe

10-12 seeds. Same goes for purple peacock pole beans. Same for just about everything else.

If I buy the seeds for the various things I want to grow, I end up spending vastly more than I need to and having enough seeds to last a

4-6 years.

I've heard of seed exchanges. More like we need a neighborhood seed buying coop, where we each buy one item, then trade the remainer for a few of each of the rest.

Sounds like a good internet project, except that postage would exceed the cost of the seeds.

Or maybe the seed companies could come up with a "small garden packet"

- a dozen seeds for, say, six different items - for a set price.

I would buy it. Monsanto! Are you reading this?

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Reply to
Roy